Server Grand Opening and Pre-Start Grand Elmore
the long wait, preparation and testing of the server is almost over. We thank everyone who actively participated in the testing and also everyone who helped to make the server more visible wherever possible. This year's response is fantastic! Before us is the Grand Opening of server Grand Elmore 2019 and it is necessary to be prepared for it. Please read all of the following information carefully.
Grand Elmore 2019 Grand Opening
- It was already set for Friday, 13th of September 2019 at 20:00 GMT + 2.
- Game accounts created during the Beta Test will also be available on the Live server (game characters will need to be re-created – they will be wiped).
- A new system patch is already available for the LIVE server, without which you will not be able to log in to the server. You can test the functionality of the new system patch during the Pre-Start period, see below.
End of Beta Test
- The Beta test will end on Wednesday, 11th of September 2019 in the morning.
- All modifications intended for the Beta Test will be removed.
- The whole game world will be wiped (only the game accounts you have on your web profile will remain).
Preparations for DDoS
- Based on the experience of Dark Elmore 2018 and the response that the Grand Elmore project has brought to the community, we expect a strong DDoS attack on all of our services.
- All our servers are under professional DDoS protection abroad, but we are preparing for possible outages due to potentially needed modifications of protection settings.
- Communication channels in case of DDoS attack
- Discord - we recommend to all our players to connect to our Discord, where the information from the web will be duplicated and you can also download the current system patch. Login to Discord.
- Facebook - we will also inform you about the situation on our Facebook, where you can contact us via private messages.
- We encourage all players to do this before Grand Opening:
- Proxy access points
- Most of our proxy access points should have DDoS protection, but there is no guarantee that they can resist the attack as well as the web server or game server. At Grand Opening, we recommend everyone to log in directly to Grand Elmore without using proxies!
Grand Elmore 2019 Pre-Start
At this year's server start we want to try one new feature. This is a further mitigation of the impact of a possible DDoS attack.
- From Thursday, 12th of September 2019 from 20:00 GMT + 2 until Friday, 13th of September 2019 18:00 GMT + 2 you will be able to create game characters and send Elmore Coins to the game.
- The server will allow you to log into the game and check that you have Elmore Coins on your character. Server will automatically disconnect you after about 2 seconds.
- During this period, the NPC server will be shut down, so no game progress will be possible.
- Before the Grand Opening of the server, all game characters’ positions will be reset to the default starting spawn.
We look forward to seeing you on the Grand Opening!
Your L2 GM team.